Friday, January 28, 2011
It happened to me yesterday. I was sitting on the MRS. lap while she was on the computer. She thought she smelled something. I didn't smell anything. She ran her hand down my tail and felt a big clump.
Yep, it was stuck-on poopie. She spent the next half hour chasing me around the house trying to get that poopie out of my floofy! It's not an easy job, and I hissed at her a few times. Here are the steps your Mommy can try if you get poopie stuck in your floofy.
1. Have her use her bare hands and try to pry it out of your fur - this will gross her out!
2. Tell her to get a washcloth and rub it out of your tail or pantaloons. This usually makes a big stinky mess.
3. Jump on the kitchen table while she gets the scissors to cut it out. You will see her run real fast to get those scissors while she is yelling at you to get off the table.
4. Tell her to feed you and then while you're eating, she can try to cut it out of your fur.
5. Wait til it dries (they hate waiting) and then brush it out.
Do you cats have any other tricks for getting the poopie out of your floofy?
Poop On . . . . . . .
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Us cats have it pretty good because we have a lot of different choices in litterboxes. Here are some of the ones we can pick from:
1. Boxes with a Hood
2. Boxes without a Hood
3. Robot Boxes
4. Boxes that sift, and other kinds that sift
5. Storage Containers
6. Litter Boxes that look like furniture
7. Boxes with the hole in the top
8. Litterboxes that look like a human litterbox
9. Domed boxes
What kind of litterbox do you use? All of our litterboxes have hoods on them. We also have a Litter Robot, but I'm the only one who uses it - all my siblings are afraid to go in it!
Not only do we get a huge selection when it comes to our litterbox, there is also a huge selection of types of litter!
Humans just use water!
Poop On . . . . . Newmie
Friday, January 7, 2011
All cats know that the humans are obsessed with our litterboxes. Several times a day, I'll find my MRS. snooping around in my litterbox.
And you won't believe it, but those silly humans even came up with a cake to look just like our litterbox. So, when your human is bored because they're stuck inside from the snowstorms, have them make this cake! The recipe says it's for Halloween, but hey, cake is cake - I think it is good any day of the year!
Kitty Litter Cake (recipe from Allrecipes.com)
1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (12 ounce) package vanilla sandwich cookies
3 drops green food coloring
1 (12 ounce) package tootsie rolls
1. Prepare cake mixes and bake according to package directions (any size pan).
2. Prepare pudding according to package directions and chill until ready to assemble.
3. Crumble sandwich cookies in small batches in a food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup add a few drops of green food coloring and mix.
4. When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with 1/2 of the remaining cookie crumbs, and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding, you want the cake to be just moist, not soggy.
5. Line kitty litter box with the kitty litter liner. Put cake mixture into box.
6. Put half of the unwrapped tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until softened. Shape the ends so that they are no longer blunt, and curve the tootsie rolls slightly. Bury tootsie rolls randomly in the cake and sprinkle with half of the remaining cookie crumbs. Sprinkle a small amount of the green colored cookie crumbs lightly over the top.
7. Heat 3 or 4 of the tootsie rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle lightly with some of the green cookie crumbs. Heat the remaining tootsie rolls until pliable and shape as before. Spread all but one randomly over top of cake mixture. Sprinkle with any remaining cookie crumbs. Hang the remaining tootsie roll over side of litter box and sprinkle with a few green cookie crumbs. Serve with the pooper scooper for a gross Halloween dessert.
Poop On . . . . . . Newmie